VIC South Eastern Suburbs – Duke (M/3yrs)
Location: South Eastern Suburbs / VIC
FOSTER CARER NEEDED WITH A VIEW TO ADOPT
Alright, we know what you’re thinking. This boy is one handsome devil right?! A large sized Boxer, that you might be mistaken thinking he works out in the gym, but he’s naturally blessed with shoulders like that 😉
With his big frame, comes a bit of a “cool guy” attitude. He’s not interested one bit in being a social butterfly at an off leash beach or dog park, in fact, he couldn’t think of anything worse. He’s the type of dog that really wants to give socialisation with other animals and busy areas a wide birth because under that bulky exterior, he’s quite fearful inside. His main gripes are with motorbikes, other dogs, loud cars and passing trucks.
But you know what, we get it!
Not every dog has the makeup to be a dog’s dog. Some are really just chilled and totally happy to be around their people because this is where there is no fear, they feel safe in their yard and comfortable enough to let their real personalities come out 😎
Duke fits this category perfectly, he prefers his daily walks to be up out of the way early so he only has to dish out a couple of head nods and “Morning Susan”s on the way, he loves to persuade you to fit in a second walk at night and during the day, does what all teenagers are experts in doing – mooches around with his feet on the good lounge, catches some sun by the pool and hassles you for some food because he’s “starving”! 😩 Oh plus, you’ve got to fit in a game of squeaky pig, fetch and tug o war too! And did you need a kiss, because here’s a big smooch 😚
Life really is sweet when Duke is surrounded by trusting people with plenty of structure in their week, where he can help run the house and keep everyone on their toes (or their toes in their runners if it’s walk time!)
Duke is very clear about what he wants his final home to be:
– safe, secure and relatively free from loud noises like traffic
– the only pet in the home (no other dogs or cats)
– no forced socialisation with fluffy dogs at dog parks or Sunday escapades down to off leash areas, he wants to stick to the pavement and give other animals a wide birth
– a good sized backyard that he can claim as his own, big enough to throw a few zoomies
– daily walks
– a spot on your couch, your good couch and the lounge that’s just for guests!
– a warm comfy bed inside so he can be one of the family
– plenty of your company, cuddles and kisses
If you think you can offer Duke the perfect home, please go ahead and apply through our link: