VIC Melbourne Area – Ernie (M/4yrs)
Location: Melbourne Area / VIC
FOSTER CARER NEEDED!
This moosh belongs to a little pocket rocket called Ernie and not only is he gorgeous, he’s also the perfect family member!
Ernie is a lover of action. He enjoys trips in the car, twice daily walks, zoomies in the backyard, playing ball, a game of fetch and a tug of war wrestle. He’s speedy, agile and loves to think he can fly through the air!
When he’s not in the move, you can find him doing his second favourite thing – sun chasing. There is no better thing when you are out of steam, to find a spot in the house to lay where the sun keeps you warm and Ernie does just this.
With a ball of energy, Ernie comes to you needing some polishing on greeting visitors without jumping and leash training when meeting other dogs to help him contain a bit of his excitement and stop the urge of bopping a new dog on the head (😬). He does walk well on a lead and has had a great friendship with bigger dogs that he has had been socialised with in the past.
Ernie loves nothing more than to be with his people, he loves his humans, and enjoys hanging with them during the day helping with whatever they might be up to and loves to finish the day cuddled up in front of the tv on your lap. He’s super affectionate and loves to show you.
Ernie’s best home would provide him the following:
– an open door policy, he likes to see, hear and be with his people when they’re home
– a comfy bed inside to sleep at night
– a willingness to continue a specific diet to help with his digestion (nothing major, more info provided to successful foster carer)
– twice daily walks, loves 30mins to an hour cruising his neighbourhood
– daily training to polish his manners
– no cats, he’s not tested
– possibly a female dog of equal size to keep him company, but not essential
– children over 8yrs are ok but not essential (he knocks over young kids with his unawareness of his body)
If you think you can offer Ernie his perfect home, please go ahead and complete our application
Admin note – For those applying with another dog, you must be willing to travel with your dog for a meet and greet if your application is successful