QLD Ipswich Area – Mia (F/2yrs)
Location: Ipswich Area
FOSTER CARER NEEDED!
A very beautiful brindle coat and a sweet face to match, Mia finds herself needing a foster home.
What can we tell you about Mia? Well let’s just say she’s a master of finding her own fun, but doesn’t necessarily choose well 😬
Her current list of fun things at the moment include running up and down the fence at the people that wait at the bus stop on the other side, trying to dominate the other dog in the home, digging up the garden and being destructive. And yep, we know what you’re thinking… 🤦🏼♀️
However, there’s a few things that she is telling us through these behaviour’s –
1. She’s bored and not enriched
2. She’s just not that into other dogs
3. She needs boundaries
Put simply, her best home would be one where she was included in the day to day activities all the time, she is the only dog in the house so she can absorb all of your attention and she has a firm leader that is also very kind. And we know there are plenty of you out there that fit this perfectly!
Boxers have energy, and she has it in spades! She loves her ball, loves tug of war, enjoys hanging out and just generally being a part of what you are doing. She can be shy with strangers, might let out a little bark of caution until she gets to know you, then she’s your mate. Given a chance, she could turn into the perfect couch companion of a night and your wing-woman during the day.
Mia’s best home will be one that provides the following:
– plenty of structure and clear boundaries
– a dog experienced family
– heaps of daily interval training sessions with her to build up her response to commands, reduce reactivity on the lead and bring out her good manners so everyone can enjoy the daily walks
– much positive reinforcement when she sticks within her boundaries
– a specific diet to keep her tummy happy
– a warm bed inside the home, plus plenty of inclusion in your life
– a lot of consistency and love
– no other pets in the home (cats or dogs)
– no children, she can knock them over
If you think you can help this beauty and fit her needs, please go ahead and complete the form